Welcome

Hopefully over the next two years I'll be sharing some amazing stories and photos, from what I know is going to be a life-changing experience.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Zai jian China

So....I haven't been all that good about posting, but since I started this blog when I came to China, it seemed necessary to write a post as I leave.

I originally signed a 2 year contract with Maple Leaf and wasn't sure if I was going to come back for the
second year.  That was 4 years ago.  In some ways, it seems like a lifetime ago, but then again it seems like just yesterday.  I spent (almost) a year doing a variety of jobs - ELL support, classroom support, covering mat leaves and sick days, and helping out with whatever I could.  There were quite a few people leaving at the end of the year, so I had quite a few choices for moving into a classroom, and was placed in Grade 4, which is where I spent the past 3 years.  And Grade 4 was most definitely fabulously fantastic!  I had 3 classes of very different kids, but they were all challenging and rewarding.

Those kids, as well as the amazing people I worked with was why I stayed.  I never really embraced China per say, often times the smog, or crowds, or beauracacy, or something would drive me a little nuts.
So as I head back to Canada, I have to say Thank You to every single person at DMLFNS that made these 4 years amazing, and good bye to China, I probably won't see you again.

P.S.  Yes, I had to wait until I was in Canada to load the photos.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment