Welcome

Hopefully over the next two years I'll be sharing some amazing stories and photos, from what I know is going to be a life-changing experience.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blogging in the Classroom

Even though I don't write on my blog as much as I want to (I have several posts in draft form), I think blogging could be an excellent platform for getting students to write more, hopefully leading them to write better, and start to see writing as a 'real-world' skill - not just something they have to do in class.  So for my final project in Technology in the Arts and Humanities, I am going to examine the use of blogging in the classroom.  I am particuarly interested in it's use at the elementary level (as thiat is what I teach) however I will also consider its implications at the high school level, as that's where most of the research seems to be focused.  I would like to explore the effect of blogging on literacy and writing skills, as well as in the content area of social studies and/or science. I am also interested in exploring the safety and privacy issues that arise from having young children creating an online self (such as using names, revealing where one lives and goes to school, and posting photos).   I am hoping that by also posting this project on my blog I will recieve comments and feedback from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment